Letter to my Girlfriend.
In here seated with a cup of tea, sipping and writing, hoping each gulp would wash away a little pain. Who says love is a bed of roses. It could be a blessing and sometimes instead of bliss it becomes a curse. Such is my predicament at the moment as my hands struggles to pen my feelings. I write to the Love of my life, the curse of the moment and hopefully the Angel of tomorrow.
Dear Girl,
Don’t be surprised that I called you “girl” on a good day I would address you as my Queen. You are truly a Queen but today is a sad day. No apologizes. My view of the situation and my feelings shall not becloud my judgment. I therefore wish to let you know you have been great. You have affected my life in uncountable positive ways. You have been a pillar. Like a Mom, Sister and Wife, you have truly been wonderful. Your little show of love, your caring attitude and your dispositions that reveals without doubt your heavenly bestowed industry. Yes you are Industrious! The old fashioned Wife and widely sought wife material.
The road has been rough. You have put up with a lot of my ills and dirt. You have been a bit adventurous and sacrificial. For that I owe God and you a lot of thanks. Hence, my gentle attitude and simple demeanors towards you through the journey. I am here recounting where it got all wrong. Like a beautiful house built on a faulty foundation. Visible is the cracks and audible is the shaking. All is not well with us.
Just like yesterday, I remember the dawn of the journey. The very beginning when my eyes beheld a young thick lady with the radiance of the sun. How you came into my life like a visiting merchant on a journey. How I later seem to be the visitor that is supposed to stay and leave. It is 2015 now. Despite the beauty and elegance of our relationship amid hardships, endurance and commitment sprinkled with few glorious moments, I am here considering a breakup. Even as we plan marriage in a few months, I cannot but consider the grey areas long ignored. It has become thorn in the flesh.
My future might have been a doubt to you early on as you considered my predicaments and weighed my possibilities of living a fulfilled life. However, you shared your heart with me. Compassionately you fell in love with the greatest mind. You were lucky.
It is my belief that our faulty foundation was when you told me you were a virgin. Like a sailor finding a new and inhabited island, with joy unspeakable, I named you mine. Not that I find non virgins unattractive or less but I saw someone special. So began our journey of abstinence until it dawned on me the dangers posed to a 5 year relationship without sex. I reserve my facts.
I tried my best above all, to shield you from the wiles and vile of men. Through your university years, no one could use and dump you as the norm with ladies. I taught you a lot on sexuality while I respected your sanctity. For months we shared the same bed and lived like couples and I maintained my sanity. The wind of life and time took its cause, and the toll brought us distance. As expected the story changed.
You had your taste of men and experience. I went down the pecking order and sometime you termed me not good enough for you. You came back once and promised to stay forever. You reneged in search of greener pastures. You came back again to my waiting arms. We want to get married now but won’t do away with your Exs.
My plea has met deaf ears, with the history behind you and that guy…….. I cannot afford it. You cannot love another and marry me. You cannot keep up contact with exchange of romantic messages and expect me to proceed with wedding plans.
I am not sorry to tell you that I am walking away this time. You cannot say it’s because I have eaten the forbidden fruit. You know what to do if truly you love me. You should know as well by now that I cannot be deceived anymore.
Farewell.
Before i send this can someone advice me on what to do?
Dear Girl,
Don’t be surprised that I called you “girl” on a good day I would address you as my Queen. You are truly a Queen but today is a sad day. No apologizes. My view of the situation and my feelings shall not becloud my judgment. I therefore wish to let you know you have been great. You have affected my life in uncountable positive ways. You have been a pillar. Like a Mom, Sister and Wife, you have truly been wonderful. Your little show of love, your caring attitude and your dispositions that reveals without doubt your heavenly bestowed industry. Yes you are Industrious! The old fashioned Wife and widely sought wife material.
The road has been rough. You have put up with a lot of my ills and dirt. You have been a bit adventurous and sacrificial. For that I owe God and you a lot of thanks. Hence, my gentle attitude and simple demeanors towards you through the journey. I am here recounting where it got all wrong. Like a beautiful house built on a faulty foundation. Visible is the cracks and audible is the shaking. All is not well with us.
Just like yesterday, I remember the dawn of the journey. The very beginning when my eyes beheld a young thick lady with the radiance of the sun. How you came into my life like a visiting merchant on a journey. How I later seem to be the visitor that is supposed to stay and leave. It is 2015 now. Despite the beauty and elegance of our relationship amid hardships, endurance and commitment sprinkled with few glorious moments, I am here considering a breakup. Even as we plan marriage in a few months, I cannot but consider the grey areas long ignored. It has become thorn in the flesh.
My future might have been a doubt to you early on as you considered my predicaments and weighed my possibilities of living a fulfilled life. However, you shared your heart with me. Compassionately you fell in love with the greatest mind. You were lucky.
It is my belief that our faulty foundation was when you told me you were a virgin. Like a sailor finding a new and inhabited island, with joy unspeakable, I named you mine. Not that I find non virgins unattractive or less but I saw someone special. So began our journey of abstinence until it dawned on me the dangers posed to a 5 year relationship without sex. I reserve my facts.
I tried my best above all, to shield you from the wiles and vile of men. Through your university years, no one could use and dump you as the norm with ladies. I taught you a lot on sexuality while I respected your sanctity. For months we shared the same bed and lived like couples and I maintained my sanity. The wind of life and time took its cause, and the toll brought us distance. As expected the story changed.
You had your taste of men and experience. I went down the pecking order and sometime you termed me not good enough for you. You came back once and promised to stay forever. You reneged in search of greener pastures. You came back again to my waiting arms. We want to get married now but won’t do away with your Exs.
My plea has met deaf ears, with the history behind you and that guy…….. I cannot afford it. You cannot love another and marry me. You cannot keep up contact with exchange of romantic messages and expect me to proceed with wedding plans.
I am not sorry to tell you that I am walking away this time. You cannot say it’s because I have eaten the forbidden fruit. You know what to do if truly you love me. You should know as well by now that I cannot be deceived anymore.
Farewell.
Before i send this can someone advice me on what to do?
Comments
Post a Comment